CRYPTOCard MP-1 Authentication Token
- #: 131057
- Price: free ($0.00) In Apple Store
- Category: Business
- Updated: 2011-04-11
- Current Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.60 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CRYPTOCard Inc.
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.1 or later.
- © 2011 CRYPTOCard Inc.
Add to Favorite apps
Protect yourself and your accounts against password theft with the MP-1 token from CRYPTOCard. Each time you log into your account, your MP-1 will generate a new password that can only be used once. It’s great, easy to use protection with the added…..
Rated 4/5 based on 1 customer reviews.
So glad it
As the CTO of a company that uses CRYPTOCard, I'm quite happy this software has *finally* been released. It's been over 6 months since the planned release, but the team persisted and finally made soft tokens on iOS a reality. I'm giving this app 4 stars because:
1. The app in not universal. It's such a simple UI, so there's no real excuse for delivering an app tuned just to the iPhone/iPod. I'd like to see this get addressed.
2. I had issues finding the documentation that explained how to get the token onto my iOS device. Maybe it's there, but I couldn't find it in the 2.7 software release docs.
So, here's my cheat sheet for getting this work:
1. Make sure your CRYPTOCard server has been updated to v2.7.
2. Make sure you have available MP tokens. I discovered that I had available tokens in my system, but had to create an MP token using the BlackShield ID Manager software/web UI.
3. Make sure you can get to your BlackShield ID "self-enrollment" web server (i.e., http://YourBlackShieldServer/selfenrollment) from your iOS device. You won't be able to install the token otherwise!
4. Make sure your BSID system can send email; otherwise, the iOS user won't be notified of their token info (which is required).
5. Use the BSID Manager app and go to the Assignment tab. From there, assign the iOS user a Self-Enroll MP token (it didn't work with a legacy token).
6. Make sure the CRYPTOCard token app is installed on the target iOS device.
7. The iOS user will get an email on their iOS device telling them to click a link. The link will direct them to your BSID self enrollment server.
8. The iOS user must indicate this is an iPhone token. They will then be sent a second email to their iOS device, and that is used for verification & token installation. That email contains a link that starts with "token://"
9. After the iOS user clicks on that "token://" email, the CRYPTOCard app will start, and it will then install the token. The iOS user will be prompted to create their PIN, and then the app will be able to generate tokens.
Hope this helps!
--Gary (aka DotComCTO)
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «CRYPTOCard MP-1 Authentication Token» applications
The WiKID Strong Authentication System is a patented dual-source, software-based two-factor authentication system designed to be less expensive and more extensible than hardware tokens. The WiKID… [more..]
Price: free |